I think I officially dropped out of NABloPoMo! I skipped a lot of posts, and I really don’t feel like going back and making them up. I’ve had about a week and a half where I wasn’t sleeping really well, and I was having bad headaches, so that was the problem. I’m hoping that it’s worked itself out now, as I’ll be leaving for my grandma’s next Wednesday! I do intend to start blog365 next year, and see how long I can keep going! I did the whole thing in 2011, we’ll see how long I can keep blogging daily this time.
Because I had a really bad headache, and didn’t feel like going. I had to call and cancel the bus, so they wouldn’t come pick me up. Otherwise the driver would’ve came here for no reason, I’ve had that happen when I’ve been riding, (we go to the place where we’re picking someone up and they aren’t there, and they didn’t call,) so I always try and call.
Because I’ve had a really bad headache all day, and I need to get myself to bed so I can get thee to church in the morning! I didn’t want to skip this post though, so I decided to write a quick one.
Today we went to lunch at a Chinese food buffet. I’d never had a Chinese buffet before, so that was interesting! After lunch, we went to the store to get the cat litter I forgot last time. I forgot cat litter, (of all things!) I’m not sure how I managed to forget cat litter this time, but I guess we’ll be putting it on the list next time! We came back, and Melissa made ham and bean soup! I really like ham and bean soup! It’s the kind where you soak the beans overnight, and let them cook on the stove for about an hour and a half.
First, I’d just like to wish everyone a happy veteran’s day! We didn’t really have a whole lot going on here today, so Melissa and I made rice crispy treats. Lol, when we don’t have much to do, we like to cook stuff! I hadn’t made rice crispy treats for a while, (probably about 3 years,) so we actually had to look up the recipe.
I got to watch the debates today, after not watching the last ones. Last time they weren’t live streamed, and I decided not to watch them after some of the post-debate coverage. I remember watching debates when I was in high school, we didn’t have all the primary debates, (maybe a couple.) Primary debates really didn’t start to take off until around 2007-2008. I also don’t think we’ve ever had the concept of doing 2 debates in the same night until this year. Usually it’s just one, Lol I’d like to see all the candidates pile on stage at once! I think that might make for an interesting debate!
The church bus almost didn’t show up today. I had to call the person who runs it to ask where the bus was, because I thought I missed it! It turns out, that the driver forgot he was supposed to be filling in for someone. The reason why I thought I missed it, was because sometimes they get here a bit early, (although when they do that they usually wait.) Just as I was getting settled in church, the strap on my purse broke! This isn’t good because I really do need to wear the purse on my shoulder so I can have both hands free! I’m thinking it can be glued back together.
Today I went with my family to a birthday dinner for my uncle. We had to drive about an hour to get there. We ate at a Chinese food restaurant, (Chinese food is like my favorite!) We just got home about an hour ago. Yeah I skipped a post last night! I had a really bad headache, and just wanted to get to bed. I skipped it on both blogs.
OK Ok, so I skipped Thursday Lister posts last month because of Write 31 days, which means I skipped list updates as well. It’s going to be an extra long list of updates this month!
- 39.Find and start using an RSS reader again. Completed 9/17/2015.) Feedbin was a major failure, and didn’t want to work for me at all! However, RSSdose works extremely well!
- 46.Download Kindle for PC.
- 55.Fast at least once. (Completed 9/11/2015.) Our church did 3 days of fasting from September 9th-11th, they held a prayer service on the last day. I knew I wouldn’t be able to get to the prayer service, but I still participated.
- 133.Adopt a cat. (Completed 9/18/2015!) I adopted Tigger from my local animal shelter, I had to go sit through a psych eval to do this thing, but I survived!
(Completed September, 2015.) I know it was a Friday in September, I just can’t remember which random day I happened to sign up for Hulu!
(Completed 9/1/2015.) It took some work to get my device registered, but I can now have books read to me using the accessibility plugin, (as long as I keep a Windows 7 system around.)
- 1.Look into finding a new church. I got to go visit another church a couple weeks ago! I really did enjoy the service, and I’d like to go back again when they’re having a regular service, ( this was their anniversary celebration.)
- 24.Participate in the write 31 days blogging challenge, (http://write31days.com) in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Obviously I’ve started this by participating in the challenge for the first time this year.
- 28.Find an alternative to WordPress. I’m currently watching Blot, and waiting for WP imports to be completed.
- 30.Try at least 50 of the sites on my “sites to try”list. I think I need to change this goal to 100 sites. The list is getting ever longer! Never-the-less, I’ve started and I’m at 5/50.
- 127.Read 100 books. My first book was this one, my counselor recommended it to me. Lol, I’m going to read 1984 next!
- 129.Watch 20 documentaries.1/20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWBQGVc2kq8
I had my last counseling session today. I also went and got a haircut after the session. I was able to finalize Thanksgiving plans with my grandma, although she went back-and-forth from either going to mom’s house, or me going to her boyfriend’s house. She finally called and told me that they’re invited to her boyfriend’s daughter’s house for Thanksgiving, so they’ll be going there, (so I’ll be going with them.) I almost forgot to post, and remembered when I was checking email.
I called my grandma today, and asked if I could go see her for Thanksgiving. She’ll be at her boyfriend’s house, which is probably about a 6 hour bus trip. She said she was going to talk to her boyfriend about it, but I’ll most likely be taking a trip out of town for Thanksgiving!
On a completely unrelated note, I had brief downloading times today! I downloaded the 126 page brief in a case in the Sixth Circuit, (15-5961,) if anyone’s interested. This is in fact the appellate case of Kim Davis, the Kentucky county clerk who was held in contempt for refusing to issue same-sex marriage lisences. I’m very glad that PACER charges for only 30 pages of briefs, because I think this is the longest brief I’ve ever seen by an appellant, (or an appellee for that matter,) I think this is the longest brief I’ve ever seen in my lifetime! I didn’t get to reading said brief today, because I’ve had a bad headache all day, and I don’t like to read things that are going to take a long time when I have bad headaches like this.
I decided to write this post because over the past month and a half of owning a cat, I’ve discovered that although I really do enjoy him when he’s sweet, there are several things I don’t enjoy. So here it goes. You should never own a cat if…
- You’re picky about your sleeping conditions. As in, you don’t want kitty jumping on and off the bed every couple minutes, and you don’t want him meowing outside your door incessantly all night, and/or waking you up in the morning.
- You don’t want your cat jumping up and knocking every! single! thing! off the desk/table. Even things you have no idea where they came from, or how he got a hold of.
- You don’t want your cat spilling water all over your desk while you’re right in the middle of writing a blog post, causing water to leak under your computer tower, causing you to have to shut the computer down to lift the tower up to clean underneath it, (thank God for WP drafts!)
- You don’t want kitty ripping up toylet paper, (this has definitely happened at least once, and I’ve caught him in the act twice after that.
- You don’t want to have to pay to have the blinds fixed, (if you live in a rental.)
- You don’t want to have to deal with picky princes/princesses who won’t drink standing water, and who want fresh water at least 3 times a day.
- You don’t want to sift litter, (unless your cat is an outdoor cat.)
- You don’t want to spend lots of money on said litter, toys, treats, and food.
- you don’t want to deal with trips to the vet, which can mean fighting the cat if they don’t go into the carrier willingly.
- You don’t want to deal with training kitty not to scratch on couches, chairs, or other furnature, or not to climb on the table/counter.
So as we know, Write 31 days ended yesterday. I didn’t quite answer 31 questions, but I think I got to 29. This is because I only had 27 questions prepared for the series. I did have a couple people ask me questions, so I was able to use those! Obviously I learned that I should have everything prepared ahead of time, (the beginnings, at least.) I’m not sure how people manage recipes during the 31 days, because I’d think you wouldn’t be able to prepare those ahead of time. My prior experience with themes is correct, it’s a lot harder to stick to a theme, (at least for me!) That’s why I never plan anything I’m going to write for NaBloPoMo, (at least here on this blog,) I’ve made some plans for posts I’m going to write on the linkblog, simply because I didn’t want to skip posts like I did with BEDM. I’ve tried to do themes for Blogathon before, (that’s a totally different event, of course,) and I ended up not being able to stick to the theme very well. I did have fun answering the questions, but by day 15 or so, I was like really? can I just be done with questions now? Perhaps I should use a broader theme, like lists, I’ve done 30 days of lists once, (I didn’t register to pay for access though, I just did it on my own. I definitely want to do this again next year, it’s on my big list of things to do in 3 years, (which really does need updating, because I skipped the updates last month!) I just need to think of a topic I can stick to. I might do what I’m doing this year for NaBloPoMo, and bring my linkblog through the challenge, in that case, I’ll need to think of a theme for both blogs!
It’s the last day of October! I do have a question, BethAnne from Beth Anne’s Best left a comment and asked what kind of things my caregiver does for me. Mostly it’s laundry and cleaning kind of things. She also helps with errands, like picking up perscriptions, and going to the bank for quarters when we run out, (my laundry facility is coin-operated.) She also does grocery shopping, (I go with her of course,) we make a list and plan out what I want for a 3 week cycle. She does the cooking once a week, and I usually buy frozen meals and other things for lunches.
Since today is the very last day of the challenge, you’d think I wouldn’t want to do the blogging challenge thing for a while right? Hah! I’ve decided to take both this blog and my linkblog, through NaBloPoMo, which starts tomorrow. This is in an effort to prepare myself for blog365 next year. Blog365 used to actually be an official thing, but I did it on my own in 2011, (because it doesn’t really exist anymore, that I know of.)
So I was going to make this a Thursday lister post, but I’m not sure if I can think of enough things to actually make a list. I was also going to call this post “questions I don’t particularly like answering,” then I realized these are just obvious questions. These are strange “how do you” type questions, like “how do you wash your hands?” Someone has actually asked me that question, (although it was a long time ago.) Lol come to think of it, I think someone asked me something like, “how do you put on underwear?” once. Lol I hate to state the obvious, but ya know…
Then there are the ASL? type questions you get when live streaming. Oh man do I hate answering those questions! I keep my profile fairly anonymous for a reason, and that’s because there are people I know, (hint hint, family!) who don’t approve of me live streaming in the first place, so I have to be careful what kind of information I give out. No, I’m not going to give you my Skype/Facebook/messenger information just because we started following each other on Twitter, and we’ve exchanged a few messages here and there. Lol I probably get asked for that information more than you think.