This is good because I wasn’t sure how long I was supposed to be on the liquid diet that my primary doctor put me on last Tuesday. I stuck to it for about 3 days before I couldn’t take it anymore, and had cereal Friday morning. Then I ended up having chips and salsa yesterday, because it sounded good! Oh yeah, and I was absolutely fine, I didn’t have to take any antacids or anything.
I went back to church today, and everything went well! Next weekend, we have church in the park. I wasn’t going to come because it’s a potluck and you’re supposed to bring something, (you have to find your name on a list, and wherever your name is, that’s what you have to bring,) but the children’s pastor told me not to worry about bringing anything.
Starting on Saturday at about 12 in the morning, I had really bad stomach pain, and I was throwing up a lot. I was able to drink some tea that morning, and eat a little something that night, but other than that, I felt pretty bad. I thought it was getting better on Sunday, but I didn’t go to church because I was really tired, and because my stomach still hurt when I sat down and stood up, (which I had the day after I got sick the last time, so I thought it would go away the next day, and eeverything would be OK.) I woke up around 3 in the morning on Monday morning and threw up about 7 times that night. I called mom about 6 that morning.
She asked my dad, (who wasn’t working, to come get me to take me to Urgent Care, I was there for a couple hours. Part of that was waiting, (they’re slow there,) and part of that was them giving me antacids to drink. Some of that time was them trying to find a veign for an IV so they could take blood. I was extremely Dehydrated because I never kept anything down. They ended up sending me to the ER, on the orders of my primary doctor, where they gave me a hundred milligrams of Cortizone, (I usually take 10 every day,) and a bag of IV fluids, (I could have probably used at least 2.) The doctor said my blood tests looked fine, (they were finally able to draw blood there,) and then they sent me home with some prescriptions, (they also gave me Pepcid while I was there, and it seemed to help a lot with the pain.)
I went to my primary doctor yesterday, and he said he thought I had gastritis, which is an inflammation of the stomach lining. He put me on a liquid diet, (but didn’t really say how long I had to stick to it,) so I suppose I’ll stick to it for about a week or so. He told me I had to stop taking my naproxen for headaches, because that was the likely cause of it, he also said I should keep taking the Pepcid for as long as it lasts, (which is a month.)
Dad was in the hospital last week with an infection. He went in on Wednesday, and was released today. I finally got all the SSA stuff sorted, turns out they were sending me notices for a reason. Since dad is retiring, I have to apply for something called a disabled adult child benefit, which is kind of like SSDI. It’s based on dad’s earnings over his lifetime though, and it isn’t really considered “government assistance” although I’m still getting checks from the SSA, (I believe.) I ended up having to wait on hold twice, because I got disconnected the dirst time, oh and I was using a landline. Calls just don’t get dropped on landlines, unless the person on the other end accidentally pressed the disconnect button.
I’ve been sick all day today, it started last night. I’m hoping it’s one of those 24 hour flu things, and it will be gone by tomorrow morning, but wow, I didn’t sleep much last night. I’m not sure if I’ll be going to church tomorrow morning, that depends on how I feel.
Yesterday was our family service at church, we do this every couple years. It’s a service where the pastor takes clips from a Disney movie, and applies biblical principles to it. In this case, the movie was Tangled, which was one I hadn’t seen, (I haven’t watched a lot of recent Disney movies, and by recent, I mean in the last 20 years or so.) While Pastor does this, he invites kids onto the platform with him to help answer questions about the movie, it’s actually a fun way to do a church service!
On Saturday mom, my sister, my niece, and I I went to the river. The water was warm enough to sit in pretty much all day long, and all I can say is, it was really flippin hot!
I just want to wish those celebrating a happy 4th of July! I’m posting this before I go over to my parent’s house for a barbecue, and then go watch the fireworks later tonight. I wasn’t sure what time I’d be back, so I decided to write a quick post now.
I got a letter in the mail today from the SSA, saying that they talked to me on 4/4 about eligibility for benefits. The problem is, I already get SSI benefits, and they didn’t call me on 4/4, (I think I would remember if I got a call from the SSA!) I ended up calling them and waiting for a callback, to ask them what this letter was. The agent couldn’t explain it to me, and she thought it was really weird! She said it looked like a notice you would get when you called to first try and file benefits, but I told her I didn’t call and file for any benefits, (as I already receive them.)
Before calling the SSA, I texted my mom to ask her if she remembered talking to the SSA on 4/4, and she didn’t reply until after I got off the phone with them. She said yes she talked to them, and she gave them my number. They have a habit of calling mom first for some reason, (they did this while completing the review of my case at the beginning of last year.) I told her what the agent said on the phone, and she called me from work, and was mad and thought I was assuming that she filed an application on my behalf. She told me it had something to do with Dad’s retirement benefits, and making us beneficiaries for his retirement benefits. When I called mom tonight though, she said that first of all, that shouldn’t be happening, because he never filled out paperwork to make my sister and I beneficiaries.
I’ve been using WordPress since Friday, and I’ve decided to post some thoughts I’ve had about using it over the past 4 days, (things I’ve learned, ideas etc.)
- I should definitely stick to the default theme! All the themes I tried didn’t support something I wanted to do, (one of them didn’t display tags with the post, and the other one didn’t support post formats, which I need for the linkblog to make link posts look like links, and not text posts.)
- That being said, I haven’t yet figured out how to delete themes. I just can’t find any sort of delete button or link, and there isn’t a bulk editor for themes like there is for posts and comments.
- Speaking of tags, I wish I could display a tags widget on the page, instead of a catigories widget. I’m sure there’s a way to do this, I just haven’t had time to find it yet.
- I think not having my last 2 Audiomo posts formatted as audio might have messed them up, the embed worked on the last one, but I couldn’t get the file to play.
- The maximum file size per upload on media posts should be based on how much server space you have, not an arbitrary limit that WP imposes, (10MB.) Not that I’m going to upload a 1GB file to my server, (I have unlimited space,) but it should be more than 10MB.)
- It took me about 4 hours to set up the linkblog this morning, whereas it took me several sessions of trial and error to get the personal blog up and running last week, (and over the weekend.) Of course that did include signing up for my hosting account and using CPanel for the first time in 5 years, (a lot has changed.)
- WordPress has also changed a lot since I last used it in 2009. I know that they’ve tried to integrate a lot more features, but I went ahead and deactivated jetpack right away, because I haven’t had good experiences using the jetpack commenting system to leave comments.
This is going to be a list post! I haven’t done one of those in a while, and it will be my first list post on WordPress! For my Tumblr followers who should now be reading on http://lifes-adventures.me, I’m not going to do any fancy list formatting, because I don’t really care about the Tumblr site or dashboard anymore. So let’s start with the reasons for doing Audiomo.
- To challenge myself to come up with something to record every day.
- To fill the time I would be planning for Blogathon. I’m not doing Blogathon this year, (or for the foreseeable future, and the preparation does take some time,) to pass that time, I decided to do Audiomo.
- To see what kind of recordings I could come up with. I recorded everything from me rambling on about WordPress themes, to my Dexa scan, to the sound of fried chicken cooking.
- to get back into Audioblogging/audiotweeting.
Now for the things I learned.
- I learned about the app Melt, which allows you to do short 1 minute recordings. I haven’t used it very much though, and I’m not sure if I’ll continue using it.
- I learned how to record with Audacity, Audio editing still escapes me, but I can at least record with the thing.
- I learned that recording sounds is fun, but it’s also necessary to do some posts where you just talk, too many posts with just sounds isn’t good, but too many talking posts isn’t either. I might have had too many of those this year.
- Just today, I finally learned that you can’t record audio with Chicken Nugget, but you can record files in Audacity and attach them for uploading to SNDUp.
Next year, I’d like to do a few more sound posts.
- I’d like to record what my apartment elevator and call box sound like, (assuming that both things are working, and assuming… of course, that I’m still living here.)
- I actually wanted to do a melt from the grocery store, but I never did it, because I thought it might be weird, maybe next year I’ll get around to doing it.
- I wanted to record throwing rocks with my niece at the river on Father’s day when we were there, but my phone was in my purse, and I wasn’t near it.
I don’t want to do more than 10-12 sound posts, (I think definitely anything more than 15 gets a bit annoying.) One thing I would like to do is do a bit more planning. I did wing it this year, so I did a lot of talking about my day, when I didn’t really have anything to talk about. On one occasion, I talked about a supreme court case, (Aereo,)I also talked about the anniversary of the NSA leaks on 6/5. I think I’d like to do a bit more of that, I’d like to maybe talk about news stories, or articles I’ve read, etc
PS, if you're following me on Twitter, you saw all my Audiomo links because I tweeted them, if you aren't, I'm @webgurl over there, and you don't have to follow me but you should probably open my timeline in some sort of Twitter client to see all 30 days worth of tweets, (preferably one that takes more than 20 tweets at a time.)
This is the end of Audiomo, and this is me rambling on at the end.
This is me talking about issues with my ride to church this morning.
Testing WordPress’s Audio upload thingy.
The director handed out pictures that were taken last week at the wedding. He asked me if I wanted one, I asked him if he could send it via email. He said he probably could do that. There’s a reason I asked for this, yeah, I could take a printout and hang it somewhere in here. However, I like to have the digital file for my records, (and to upload it to this blog,) I’d rather have a digital file than have a printout because then I have something to archive. While paper is long-lasting, it could get lost in a move or something.
we ended up praying for 16 people today, including my caregiver. Yeah… that one was strange, because I didn’t submit a prayer request for my caregiver, the director did without asking me. On top of that, it was a blank request, (nothing on the paper to say what the prayer request actually was.) I told the people that I was on the team with that I would never submit a prayer request without complete and correct information, so at first I was surprised that he used my name without asking me. Then he decided to tell me that his wife told him to put her on the list.
Today, I went to a wedding for one of the ladies at Prayer seeker’s Café. I think the last wedding I’ve been to before this one was 2006. When I asked if I could come to the wedding, I asked if I could get away with not wearing a dress, turns out the lady that took me, (even though she said she was going to wear one,) well… she actually didn’t. The wedding reception was a potluck, so I ended up bringing a gallon container of ice tea, and a 2 leader container of pepsi and SevenUp, she also asked me to bring a bag of ice, so I did. My call box isn’t working, (again,) so I had the guy who I rode with, (they’re co-directors of Prayer seeker’s Café,) come up and get the ice. That worked fine, but he decided to lock the deadbolt without telling me. I hadn’t used that thing since I got back from Vegas, so I had to figure out how to get it open.
Last night, we went to dinner to celebrate my sister’s birthday. I thought wwe were going to have Chinese food, but we didn’t, because my sister was worried about lack of food for my niece. I told my sister that we were going to have Chinese food for my birthday then, and she said that was fine. The problem with this restaurant we went to last night, is that it was extremely slow! I think we waited about 45 minutes for the food to get to us, and then my sister made the mistake of ordering hot wings for her boyfriend… yeah, that must have been another half hour, (at least.) It was so slow, that the waitress gave us a free trip through the salad bar, just to give us something to eat while we were waiting on our food to get there.
Last Sunday, when we went to the river, and to pizza for Fahter’s day, mom came in here to grab me a sweatshirt. She happened to look at the bathroom ceiling, (there would be no reason for her to look at the ceiling above the bathtub… right?) When she came out to the car, her exact words were, “someone needs to tell the landlord that you’re bathroom ceiling is about to fall.” This scared me, I mean like really scared me, she said the sheetrock was split, but didn’t say how big it was. She also said I needed to tell him now, because when it fell, it would be laying in my bathtub, and I wouldn’t be able to shower. I had my caregiver look at the ceiling when she came, and it turns out that yeah, there’s definitely a crack in it, is it going to fall? no, and when the landlord came last night to look at it, he confirmed that. Mom completely overreacted, why she did this other than to scare me into getting it taken care of right away I don’t know, but there was absolutely no reason to say “the ceiling is about to fall.”
Today’s my sister’s birthday. I thought we were going to do the traditional going out to dinner birthday celebration tonight, but we’re doing it on Friday instead. She had a busy weekend preparing her house for extermination on Monday, so she was really tired today. I already have her gift and card ready, as I thought we would be celebrating today.
Interestingly enough, today is also the 20 year anniversary of the O.J Simpson arrest. I remember going to a dance recital for some friends of ours, (they were dancing in the recital,) but we had also gone to a movie earlier night. When we got back, we celebrated my sister’s birthday by having cake. I remember mom explaining the car chase to my friend’s mom, however, I still haven’t seen the whole thing. I watched the preliminary hearing, and almost the whole trial, that was the case that started my interest in legal cases. So yeah, my sister’s birthday is the anniversary of an historic event.