I was hoping that even though I got out of bed with a bit of a soar throat this morning, I could power through it and that it wouldn’t get worse. My hopes were in vain though, as it got a lot worse this afternoon. I’m not sure if it’s just because I didn’t get any sleep last night, or if it’s actually my allergies acting up, (or if I’m actually getting sick!) I got the chills several times though, and I really don’t want to mess with things like that. So it’s time to call it a day after 12 hours. I got to 50 links posted though, and I did stream nearly the whole thing. I’ll do my best to do better next time, and this is the first time I’ve ever had to drop out of an event!
- How many links have you posted since your last survey? Around 12.
- Out of the links you’ve posted so far, which one was your favorite?evolvr.io
- Have you eaten or drank anything since your last survey? Sees candy and chocolate covered Marshmallows.
- How are you feeling right now? Loopy, hah!
- Besides posting links, what else have you done? Tweeting, streaming, filling out this survey.
- How much time left until you post your next link? Like 2 minutes!
- How many links have you posted since your last survey? About 15-20, I’d say, I don’t have time to go back and count them.
- Out of the links you’ve posted so far, which one was your favorite? SpeedOf.me
- Have you eaten or drank anything since your last survey?
- How are you feeling right now? Like I need to take another bathroom break, for some stupid reason. Oh and behind, way, way behind! I took way too long of a break for lunch because I wasn’t prepared.
- Besides posting links, what else have you done? Had lunch.
- How much time left until you post your next link? I have no idea, I’m too busy filling out the survey.
I had chicken and biscuits for lunch. I also had a couple chocolate covered marshmallows, finished a bottle of water and am now onto the second, plus GaterAid.
- How many links have you posted since your last survey? 9/10.
- Out of the links you’ve posted so far, which one was your favorite? http://hyperlinkbattle.com/
- Have you eaten or drank anything since your last survey? Cheese-Its and a bit of water, (need to drink more water!)
- How are you feeling right now? Like I need to hurry!
- Besides posting links, what else have you done? Had to end up uninstalling the beta version of Meerkat because it was failing. Restarted the stream 4-5 times.
- How much time left until you post your next link? 7 minutes.
- >What time did you wake up this morning? I actually didn’t sleep last night!
- How many hours of sleep did you get last night? Funny story! I took a 4 hour nap last night from like 5:30 until 9:30, and I think that’s why I didn’t sleep. Technically 4, if you’re counting that.
- Are you experiencing any pain this morning? Headaches and/or back pain, for instance. I have a bit of a scratchy throat, but that’s it.
- Have you eaten or drank anything this morning? I finished the last couple pieces of birthday cake for breakfast, had a bit of coffee with that, and water with my meds.
- How are you feeling right now? Excited and ready to go! Oh and in a bit of a hurry.
- How much time do you have left until you post your first link? A half hour.
I’m making final preparations for Saturday! Here’s a list of things I still need to do before staying up for 24 hours to post links:
- Make pages for the status surveys that I put up on linkday. net last weekend. I managed to post them, but didn’t get around to making pages out of them, (this is because WP stupidly makes you post, and then make a page separately.)
- Set up the new computer speakers I got yesterday! Lol mostly so that I don’t have to hear mine pop whenever JAWS says a word these speakers don’t think they like.
- Call dominos to see if they’ll deliver here. OK, I actually have to do this tomorrow because well… I now live in a quite smaller town than what I used to live in, (only about a thousand or so people.) The town I used to live in is only a couple miles away, but if they won’t deliver, we’ll need to go pick up Saturday night’s dinner tomorrow.
- Test the car mount for my phone. The mount I ordered has an impact on the VoiceOver volume somehow, and I’ve had to restore 3 times because of it. Fortunately, they sent me a car mount as well.
- Reinstall Meerkat, because I wasn’t able to restore any of my backups, so I lost all data.
I completed my last link-gathering session for this year, and I’m pretty sure I have close to 200 links! I won’t need that many, I’ll only need 100 this time. When it comes time to do the LinkWeekend though, (400 links in 48 hours,) I’ll probably have to start gathering links in March or April, (if the challenge is going to be in July.)
Just a quick blog post because I’m tired and want to go to bed. Melissa and I had a lot of fun on our day trip out of town. I got everything I needed, (and then some!) We ended up not having to wait at all at Red Lobster, (which never, ever happens!) I did have Melissa take some pictures, I had her take a picture of the lunch I had at Red Lobster, (before I started eating it, of course!) I also had her take a picture of the chocolate covered banana I got at the mall, OMG! I’ve been wanting to find out if that store makes chocolate covered banannas, and they do! All told, I think I ended up with about 14 pounds of candy, and spent about $2-300 on the trip, (including BestBuy, and the extra stop we made at Staples.) In unrelated notes, I’ve been having major issues with my phone. Tried to restore it tonight, and when I went to restore to a backup, I bricked the phone!
I’m now going to try to upload the pictures Melissa took last weekend. She took a before picture, so you can se what my hair looked like before the stylist took the clipper to it and made it about an inch long, then she took an after picture. I really do like my haircut! I really don’t have to brush my hair at all, just use a bit of jell to pat it into place.
I’m definitely making progress on the things on my list of things to do in 3 years! Here’s a link to the list.
I got my head shaved last weekend! I’ll be uploading the pictures to prove it! That makes completed goal number 2! I started counseling last week, I had my first session last Wednesday, I’m not quite sure when to mark the goal complete, (maybe after I’ve attended the first 5 sessions,) then the counselor said I can start seeing him twice a month. I really wanted to see a Christian counselor, and I really do like him! He’s a really nice guy, (and old enough to be my dad, but a few years younger than him.) I’ll be completing at least 4 more goals on the list this week! I’m going to Best Buy and getting the speakers, and the keyboard for my phone, I’m also doing Linkday next Saturday! I’ve ordered a mount that looks like it will clip to my desk, so I can stream while I’m posting links. If you want to watch me post links next weekend, follow me on Meerkat right here. I’ll also be attempting to post here while I’m posting links, (not every half hour by any means! If you go to linkday.net and look at the status survey that I just posted, I’ll be trying my best to answer those questions here every 3-4 hours. Time most likely will slip away however, so I won’t be surprised if I miss a couple.
This is just a very interesting way of saying, I have no idea how to recap the week in one word! It’s actually impossible for me to do so, because in order for me to recap the week, the last couple weekds need recapping. So here comes the list:
- I’m no longer on speaking terms with my mother as of 8/7. She came over that day and decided that she would flip out because I rearranged some things in my kitchen. I had left like 4 water bottles on the coffee table, (I was going to pick them up but got side tracked by the debate that had happened the previous day, but I was only able to watch it that morning,) and didn’t realize she’d be coming that early. She called me a 5-year-old child for not picking up after myself. The reality is that this happened a lot at the old place, (she complained about how things were organized, etc.) While we were unpacking, she complained about how linnons were folded! She’s rearranged my furnature twice without my permission! So honestly, for sanity’s sake, I just couldn’t deal with it anymore.
- I’ve already completed 2 goals on my list of things to do in 3 years! I have pictures of getting my head shaved, (which I had done today,) but they’re mixed in with some other pictures, i’ll most likely be posting those on Monday.
- I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday. The doctor thinks I have allergies, although I initially thought it was a cold. Blah, I really don’t want to have allergies, because that means they never really go away, (in other words, they’ll always come back at this time of the year etc.)
- I’m currently seeking an alternative to WP for the linkblog. I think I found one, the problem is, it uses flat files and not SQL databases, so migrating will be a major pain, (if it’s even possible. The reason why I need an alternative, is because Pressthis is simply not working for me anymore. It hides the post options, and makes me change the post format every time.
Yeah OK so I didn’t do one of these last week. I actually did the thing where I forgot until it was like 9 something at night, I fell asleep, then the next thing I knew it was like 12 something, and I needed to go to bed! This one’s going to be quick because I also need to go to bed. I’ve officially come down with a cold, so I’d like to get to bed, (even though it’s a bit earlier than usual.) So Here’s a list of things I’ll be doing tomorrow.
- Going to the doctor. Not that I want to go to the doctor or anything, it’s one of those annoying follow-up appointments!
- Taking a trip to the banck! I actually do want to take a trip to the bank, because I got a check for $700 from my former property management agency, even though I definitely didn’t expect to get anything back! I also need to get quarters for laundry.
- Going to WalMart, (again…) I think this is my third trip to WalMart in like 3 weeks…)
- Maybe getting a hair cut. I was supposed to call the place today, and I forgot! However, they do take walk-ins, and I’ll try to call them first thing tomorrow morning!)
Well, it was one of those things that I thought I’d probably complete right away. Lol I had to complete “Write a letter to myself to open in 3 years, (after this challenge is over) anyway. That’s what I was doing last night, no I can’t show you the letter I wrote, because I used a couple of those email-to-the-future services. That was sure an interesting letter to write! I really didn’t know how to write it because I’ve never written to myself and tried to anticipate what I’ll be like in 3 years. I use futureme.org every year on January 1st, to write myself a letter at the beginning of every year. I write them on January 1st, and have them sent to my email address on January 1st the next year. It’s both a recap of the past year, and things I’d like to try to get around to doing in the year that follows, (I never, ever use the word “resolve,” that belongs in committee meetings, conventions, or well… as a cleaning agent!)
It’s now day 38! That means it’s time for me to start the big list of goals that I’ve been preparing for well, like way more than 38 days now… In the post for Audiomo day 28, I said, (because it was an Audiomo recording,) and wrote, that I would be starting this list on 8/5. The list now contains 135 items, therefore I’m now giving myself until 8/5/2018 to finish as many of the items on the list as possible. I’m not expecting that I’ll finish all the items on the list, I’m not expecting that I’ll finish 80% of them, but I’d like to get it to around 50-60%. Of course, I intend to blog about them as I complete them, (and some of them, I’ll blog about while they’re in process.) So, without further delay, here’s my list, in categorized HTML format:
- Look into finding a new church.
- Become a member of my church.
- Find a way to serve in church.
- Go to a church conference.
- Do the 30 in 30 challenge, 30 minutes of exercise for 30 days.
- Do a 30 day yoga challenge.
- Get down to 145 LBs.
- Spend at least 20 minutes outside 3-4 times a week in the summer.
- Take myself off sleep medication.
- Find natural ways to promote sleep, (drinking tea at night, etc.)
- Be in bed by 12 every night for 30 days.
- Be up by 7 every morning for 30 days.
- Develop a morning routine.
- Develop an evening routine.
- Develop a skincare routine.
- Go back to the Chiropractor.
- Make a dentist appointment and go to the dentist at least twice during the 3 years.
- Have my hearing tested.
- Go to counseling.
- Post 100 links to my linkblog in 24 hours, and allow others to take the challenge if they want.
- Post 200 links to my linkblog in 48 hours, and allow others to take the challenge if they want.
- Do blog 365 again, starting
January 1st, 2016.
- Participate in BEDM, (blog everyday in May,) in 2017 and 2018.
- Participate in the write 31 days blogging challenge, (http://write31days.com in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- Start at least 4 more blogs.
- Comment on 100 random blog posts.
- Delete both my Tumblr accounts.
- Find an alternative to WordPress.
- Delete my Facebook account.
- Try at least 50 of the sites on my “sites to try” list.
- Clean out my email archives, trash, and spam folder.
- Take a free online class.
- Join an online book club.
- Find a way to make money from blogging, writing, podcasting, or streaming.
- Stream every day for 30 days.
- Find a good password manager, (one that will sync across multiple browsers.)
- Create 10 subverses on voat.co and submit to each one at least once a week.
- Create at least 10 subreddits, and submit to each one at least once a week.
- Find and start using an RSS reader again.
- Change my email address from Gmail to noelle.co.
- Start a podcast.
- Participate in an audio challenge during each of the 3 years.
- Start a discussion email list.
- Find and start using a VPN.
- Join Hulu.
- Download Kindle for PC.
- Pray every morning and evening for 30 days.
- Pray for my future husband everyday for 30 days.
- Read the bible in a year.
- Start a bible journal.
- Start a prayer journal.
- Do cleansing streams retreat again. (http://cleansingstreams.com)
- Find and join a bible study of some kind, (most likely a home fellowship.)
- Fast at least once.
- Share my testimony.
- Join an online bible study.
- Do a 30 day journaling challenge each year of the 3 years.
- Build a simple webapp in 30 days.
- Do 30 days of lists once a year.
- Learn a new word every day for 30 days each of the 3 years.
- Keep a “my day in six words” journal for 6 months.
- Say yes to everything for a day.
- Do the 30 day power of words challenge, (https://www.reviveourhearts.com/resource-library/30-day-challenges/30-day-power-words/
- Do the 30 day true woman makeover challenge: https://www.reviveourhearts.com/resource-library/30-day-challenges/30-day-makeover/
- Eat fruit every day for 30 days.
- Get a new recliner.
- Get and install the Ring video doorbell.
- Get a Booksharebookshare subscription.
- Get new computer speakers.
- Replace my desktop.
- Sign up for an Audible.com subscription.
- Get a new keyboard for my phone.
- Get a new Christmas tree, and put it up at least twice during the 3 years.
- Switch banks.
- Get a manicure and a peticure at least 3 times during the 3 years.
- Buy one item on Craigslist, and sell one item, (this can’t be the same thing I bought.)
- Buy a new recipe book and have my caregiver cook some of the recipes in it.
- Buy at least half of the things on my “to buy” list.
- Write a personal mission statement.
- Answer the 20 questions you should ask yourself every Sunday for 2 months.
- Do some of the 100 journaling ideas
- Make a list of 100 things that make me happy.
- Make a list of 100 of my favorite songs.
- Make a list of 100 quotes that inspire me.
- Make a list of inspirational things, one thing for each letter of the alphabet.
- Make a list of songs to be played at my funeral.
- Make a list of 100 of the best experiences in my life.
- Make a list of words that describe me.
- Make a list of 100 things I like about myself.
- Make a list of people who inspire me.
- Make a list of 100 women little girls should admire, instead of super models or actresses.
- Make a list of things that each person in my life has taught me.
- Make a to-do list every day for 30 days.
- Make a list of my favorite words.
- Make a list of 100 things I know very little about, then learn at least 3 things about each of them.
- Make a list of my favorite websites.
- Make a list of 100 things I would do if I couldn’t fail.
- Make a list of 101 things I’ve accomplished prior to this list.
- Make a list of 100 things I’m thankful for, and add 3 things to it every day for 6 months, (the months don’t have to be consecutive, but the days do.)
- Make a list of bible verses and/or passages I want to memorize and pray on, and memorize and pray them.
- Try 20 new foods.
- Try at least 5 coffee blends.
- Try 10 tea flavors.
- Make Popsicles.
- Make salsa from scratch.
- Make jalapeño poppers.
- Make ice cream.
- Make my own birthday cake twice during the 3 years.
- Buy a gift for a Christmas tree angel.
- Give at least 3 Kiva loans.
- Participate in Operation Christmas Child at least twice during the 3 years.
- Participate in at least 3 campaigns on http://dosomething.org.
- Donate to at least 3 applications on http://modestneeds.org.
- Donate to at least 3 projects on http://donorschoose.org.
- Adopt a classroom on AdotptAClassroom.org
- Do a Blogathon for ACB, (American counsel for the blind.)
- Send a care package to a soldier overseas.
- Donate to the Millionairemakers winner every month for 6 months.
- Write a prisoner using WriteAPrisoner.com
- Donate to a different charity monthly for 1 year running, (there can and probably will be breaks in between.)
- Focus on at least 2 semi-big tasks a day for 6 months, (cleaning out email, for instance.)
- Get a tattoo
- Shave my head.
- Take up a hobby.
- Make a will, and a living will.
- Go camping at least once.
- Read 100 books.
- Watch 25 TED talks.
- Watch 20 documentaries.
- Plan my 35th birthday celebration.
- Set up automatic billpay on at least 2 of my bills.
- Learn to make soap.
- Adopt a cat.
- Inspire someone else to make a 101 in 1001 list.
- Write a letter to myself to open in 3 years, (after this challenge is over.)
- Donate $5 to charity for every goal I don’t complete.
- Make a new list after the 3 years are over.
Woops, editing some final HTML tags, we had 137! hah!
Today, Melissa and I went grocery shopping! I had a lot of groceries to buy, as this was my first official grocery shopping trip. It actually wasn’t that bad, as I only got what was on the list, and a few things that were absolutely necessary.
I was able to go to church yesterday! I’d only been to church once when I was living with my parents, so it’s good to get back into church attendance! The bus came at 9:30 to pick me up, (so we got there while 9:00 service was still happening.
Well some of them might already be on that list.
- Google plus! We know that Google will no longer be requiring you to use Google+ for Youtube, and anything else for that matter. It’s time to just say that Google Plus was one of those failed experiments that Google tries quite often, and throw it in the trash!
- Feedburner! Simply because Google broke the APIs for Feedburner when it so brutally killed reader back in July 2013. In retrospect, the death of reader was a good thing, because it allowed people to start developing with RSS again, (a lot of RSS services exist now, probably a lot more than did back in 2013!) However, Google just needs to kill Feedburner because they aren’t doing anything with it, and it’s broken anyway! There are some feedburner alternatives if you look for them, and I’m sure a lot more would come around if/when Google announces the death of feedburner!
- Alerts!! Oh man, that’s another broken service if there ever was one! First of all, the alerts can give you any number of results, (because they don’t use exact matching,) so you can get thousands of results,) however, the alerts just don’t come for a lot of people, (me included.)
- Google Voice, because they already integrated it into hangouts last year. So why keep 2 services? Why not pull a Skype and just have one service that does Video calls?
- Blogger! Why? Well, because we already know Google doesn’t like RSs that much, if they don’t like RSs that much, that means they really don’t like Bloggers all that much, either.
- Google analytics! Because the whole flippin thing is flash now!
OK, that’s all I can think of right now. I’m sure there are plenty more things Google should definitely shut down!